Sure, here’s a Beginner-friendly nighttime skincare routine with product recommendations:
Step 1: Cleanse
- Start by removing your makeup (if you’re wearing any) with a makeup remover or cleansing oil.
- Follow up with a gentle, non-foaming cleanser to remove dirt and oil without stripping your skin.
- Product recommendation: The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
Step 2: Tone
- Apply a toner to balance your skin’s pH levels and prep it for the rest of your skincare routine.
- Product recommendation: Thayers Witch Hazel Toner.
Step 3: Treatments
- Apply any treatments, such as serums or retinoids, to target specific skin concerns. If you’re just starting out, you can skip this step and focus on the basics first.
- Product recommendation: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% and Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment.
Step 4: Eye Cream
- Apply a small amount of eye cream to hydrate and protect the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Product recommendation: CeraVe Eye Repair Cream.
Step 5: Moisturize
- Apply a moisturizer to lock in hydration and keep your skin soft and supple.
- Product recommendation: Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream.
Step 6: Facial oil (optional)
- If you have dry skin, you can add a few drops of facial oil to your moisturizer for extra hydration.
- Product recommendation: The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil.
Remember to take your time with each step and be gentle with your skin. Consistency is key, so try to stick to this routine every night to see the best results. And don’t forget to always wear sunscreen during the day to protect your skin from sun damage!